CRC is host to a number of great events, trips and service from youth groups to helping newcomers get settled in. Below is a list of our services. If you have something to offer please don’t hesitate to contact us. We welcome collaborations!
Uniting the community through actions that encourage communal harmony. This shall happen through introducing empathy, practicing conflict resolution, opening-up with one another, appreciating our differences, and having positive interactions with our fellow community members. We further intend to encourage tomorrow’s community leaders by giving them opportunities, appreciating diversity in views, harnessing community strengths, and channeling our diversity into synergy that propels us into the future with force and a positive mindset.
• Connecting neighbors through events and gatherings at CRC House to build a strong and united community in Markham;
• Hosting a Youth Program focused on personal development, building positive relationships, and contributing to community;
• Establishing a Seniors Program in partnership with a local not-for-profit focused on health and fitness, relationship building, and independent living;
• Women empowerment program lead by women, including food and education sessions, parenting tips and tools, and community integration;
• Using food as a tool to unite neighbors;
• Leadership and personal development camps;
• Religious and spiritual programs;
• Park Cleanup and Neighborhood Beautification campaigns;
• Philanthropic initiatives and drives.
Develop and empower boys and girls from ages 9-to-19 by providing them with opportunities for learning and growing through education, skill building, and community involvement. We strive to be a youth-driven program for youth, demonstrate the positive impact one person can make in the community, and practice together the act of giving back. This program intends to give youth a voice through hands on experiences and personal development in order to guide
youth to become highly qualified leaders and compassionate human beings in our society.
• Creative art;
• Games and Trivia;
• Book Club;
• Homework help;
• Open Round table Discussions;
• Peer-to-peer activities;
• Community events and programs;
• Team building;
• Civic engagement;
• Day field trips;
• Volunteer opportunities.
Women’s empowerment is the process of equipping women with self-determination tools and resources to be effective decision-makers inside and outside the homes. Raising the status of women in fact raises the status of subsequent generations. This is because women play multiple critical societal roles in shaping the next generations as mothers, wives, daughters, and sisters. We aim to perform activities that help boost confidence, develop communal relations, and assist newly arrived women integrate into Canadian society, while maintaining and being proud of their roots and individual identities.
• Arts and crafts;
• Health and education sessions;
• Social events and occasions;
• Language skills;
• Food and cooking sessions;
• Religious and spiritual programs;
• Parenting tools and tips.
Activate a Seniors Program focused on their physical, emotional, and mental wellbeing. This shall be accomplished through hosting activities and programs that directly concern older adults and help build strong relationships. This provision of relevant resources and supports will increase their engagement within the community and help make independent living possible and enjoyable for participating senior citizens.
• Health and education seminars;
• Physical exercise programs;
• Religious and spiritual sessions;
• Home visits;
• Social events and gatherings;
• Trivia and games;
• Day field trips.